As soon as I saw these cupcakes, I fell in love with them immediately. Ice cream coned cupcakes is such a good idea as it combines two of my favourite things: ice cream and cake. The cupcake it self is baked inside of the cone and topped of with icing of your preferred flavour. I normally use icing recipes from Humming Bird as they are quick but delicious, if you do follow this recipe below and want to make an icing from the above that is mentioned, then I suggest that you half if. BTW please excuse any messing icing, I can’t ice but it reminds me of this emoji 💩.
Makes 8 cupcakes
You will need:
113g self raising flour
113g golden caster sugar
113g margarine (Stork is best)
Half a tsp of vanilla extract
8 ice cream cones (preferably with a flat base)
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 180 degrees, 160 fan or gas mark 4.
- Using an electric whisk, mix together the margarine and sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour and vanilla in the bowl but fold it into the mixture until there are no lumps.
- Wrap foil around the outside of the cones ensuring that it stands straight.
- Add about enough of the cake mixture so that 3/4 of the cone is full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.